Monday, October 2, 2017

Goodbye Paris

Point Zero the centre of Paris

We had a beautiful weather for our last-weekend in Paris - it was like the city was saying, "Don't go!" I wanted to photograph everything, remember every tiny detail and store it away for a time I might need it. I'd felt like that leaving my garden in California too, staring at our view, drinking as much of it in as I could but I never had returned to those soaked up memories since, and I'm hoping when I get to Armagh I'll be the same way.


We decided to go to the Picasso Museum


The best part of this museum is the building -  Hôtel Salé (not really a hotel like the  Hôtel de Ville!) 

 

Of the five floors, only three were open.
  
 

It was a bit annoying because they charged the same for the tickets in, but it's actually not that pricey so probably no need to complain. The basement was a dead loss - very little art and mostly boards on the walls with writing about Picasso. Random disjointed factoids - you'd do better on Wikipedia.

 

Upstairs there was more art on display but a lot of white space. 


An entire wall was black and white photos of Picasso working in his studio; a bit repetitive and not that interesting - a dire lack of painting when the signage keeps reminding what a prolific artist Picasso was! But we enjoyed what we did see.



And the coffee shop was nice.



After the museum, we wandered the streets - with me taking photos of absolutely everything - just in case I might forget even one second of the amazing experience that living in Paris is. 


A Rather Large Collection of Random Paris Photos

Some as a video:



Or if you want to puruse the photos at your own leisure:


























Naked Ping-pong player!

















Byddi Lee